The GdfidL Electromagnetic Field simulator
GdfidL computes electromagnetic Fields in
3D-Structures using parallel or scalar Computer Systems.
The Postprocessor computes from these Fields eg.
Time dependent Fields in lossfree or lossy Structures.
The Fields may be excited by
- Port Modes,
- relativistic Line Charges.
Resonant Fields in lossfree or lossy Structures.
- Scattering Parameters,
- Wake Potentials,
- Q-Values and Shunt Impedances.
- GdfidL computes only in the Field carrying Parts of the computational
Volume. For eg. Waveguide systems, this makes GdfidL about three to
ten times faster than other Finite Difference based Simulators.
- GdfidL uses generalised diagonal Fillings to approximate the Material
Distribution. This reduces eg. the Frequency error by about a Factor
- For Eigenvalue Computations, GdfidL allows periodic Boundary Conditions
in all three cartesian Directions simultaneously.
- GdfidL runs on parallel NuMA Systems. GdfidL also runs on
Clusters of Workstations.
GdfidL is available for almost every hardware platform.
GdfidL only runs on UNIX-like operating systems.
- AIX on IBM-Power.
- Linux or Solaris on AMD64, and whatever Intel calls the architecture now (I64).
- Tru64 or Linux on Alpha.
- PHASED OUT: HP-UX on PA-RISC. Last Version of 199x.
- PHASED OUT: IRIX on SGI-MIPS. Last Version 199x.
- PHASED OUT: Linux on IA64, Itanium. Dead. Last version of 2006.
- PHASED OUT: Solaris on SPARC. Dead. Last version 200x.
- and more. Whatever you want,
The Price for a one Year License for the single Machine Version of GdfidL
(including Support) starts at
10.000 Euros for Linux-on-AMD64 computers.
The Price for a one Year License for the Cluster Versions starts at
20.000 Euros for Linux-on-AMD64 Clusters.
Access to powerful Servers where GdfidL is installed on costs
9.000 Euros per Year.
The Syntax Description, with some Examples.
The PDF of the Syntax Description.
The Tutorial as HTML.
The Tutorial as PDF.
The Inputfiles of the Manual etc.
An Example how to Model a complicated Cavity.
A Comparison with a Mode-Matching Code.
A Paper describing the Material Approximation and the periodic Boundary Conditions is
Some Examples of the Usage.
Some Movies computed with GdfidL.
of Oscar Frasciello, most of that Results were computed with GdfidL.
Oscar Frasciello, 2015,
"Wake fields and impedance calculations of LHC collimators' real structures",
PhD thesis, University of Rome "La Sapienza"